OL 17s finish sixth in preseason tournament in Madrid
Lyon finished sixth at the 2018 Evergrande Cup Championship, a preseason tournament played in Madrid in preparation for the start of the championship (September 2, against Clermont). The Pierre Chavrondier and Jeremy Berthod-coached squad put together a record of one win, two draws and two losses. The main goal of the trip to the Spanish capital was to get players match ready with an intense schedule of five games in six days - offering ample playing time to the 21 squad members born between 2002 and 2003. The competition was won by Hoffenheim, who beat Valencia on penalty kicks in the final.
- Tuesday, August 21: FC Porto - U17 OL: 1-1 (Barcola)
- Wednesday, August 22: Atlético Madrid - U17 OL: 1-0
- Thursday, August 23: U17 OL - Séville: 1-1 (Barcola)
- Saturday, August 25: Séville - U17 OL: 1-0
- Sunday, August 26: U17 OL - Evergrande: 0-0 (4-2 tab)
. 21-PLAYER SQUAD.
Goalkeepers: Ousmane, Rothacher.