COUPE de la LIGUE HISTORY
Published on 16 April 2014 at 3:01 PM
Check out a few stats ahead of the 20th Coupe de la Ligue final
- 12 winners: OM 3, PSG 3, Girondins 3, Strasbourg 2, ASSE, Metz, Lens, Gueugnon, Monaco, Sochaux, Nancy, OL.
- ASSE won last year's title, defeating Stade Rennais 1-0 on 20 April 2013.
- OM won three finals in a row between 2010 and 2012.
- 15 different finalists: Les Girondins and OL have each lost 3 finals.
- S. Diawara has won five finals as a player
- D. Deschamps has won four finals as a coach
- Pauleta is the competition's all-time top scorer with 15 goals… Sonny Anderson has 12 including 4 for OL
- 6 finals have gone to extra-time: 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2012
- 43 goals have been scored in the 19 previous Coupe de la Ligue finals at an average of 2.27 per final.
- Since 2004, and the last nine finals, the team that scored first has won. In all finals, the team that opens the scoring has lifted the trophy 88% of the time.
- Compared to the 2012 final, 10 of the 18 OL players on the teamsheet are still at the club.