A look at Stade Rennais
Rennes' early season stats:
- 5th with 7 points: two wins against Reims (2-1) and Evian (2-1), a scoreless draw with Lille and a loss to Nice (2-1).
- 6th best attack with 5 goals scored, including one penalty: Oliveira (3), Erding and Pajot (1).
- 80% of Rennes goals have been scored in the first half with 40% coming from crosses.
- Konradsen and Jebbour have one assist each.
- 8th best defence with 4 goals conceded.
- Stade Rennais have received 8 yellow cards and one red card (Pajot).
- Goalkeepers: Costil, Diallo, Ndiaye.
- Defenders: Mbengue, Apam, Kana-Biyik, Armand, Boye, Hountondji, Danze, Moreira.
- Midfielders: Feret, Kadir, Makoun, Pajot, Alessandrini, Konradsen, Alle, Doucoure, Hunou.
- Forwards: Pitroipa, Said, Oliviera, Romero.
Portuguese striker Oliveira, signed from Benfica, has quickly imposed himself at the point of the Rennes attack. Argentine forward Romero will fill the boots of the departed Erding. Kadir, on loan, joined the club in the final hours of the Mercato. The experienced Armand, who won the championship with Paris last season, arrived in Brittany this summer along with Mbengue. Meanwhile, Théophile Catherine, Montano, Foulquier, Brahimi, Jebbour, Mavinga and Mensah all left the club over the summer. The club also boast a new coach this season with Philippe Montanier replacing Frédéric Antonetti.
Romain Alessandrini, the revelation of last season, was cut down in full flight when he ruptured knee ligaments on 15 February, but is expected back on the pitch in the coming days. Abdoulaye Doucouré is still unavailable after undergoing a knee reconstruction at the end of last season.